Friday 19 September 2014

Katrantzou

(I can never spell it right) is a greek designer I mentioned on my blog before. Did I say she always surprises?
A girl that originally went to the Rhode Island school of Design in the USA and later on to Central Saint Martins in London ended up switching from working on prints for interior to fashion prints after completing both her Bachelors and Masters in Architecture. Her signature style really came through when she completed a portfolio for the Central Saint Martins Master Fashion Textiles course. 

It was themed around trompe l'oeil prints of oversized jewellery featured on jersey-bonded dresses. these pieces created the illusion of wearing giant neckpieces that would be too heavy in reality.

Here are my best picks from her new collection RESORT 2015











No comments:

Post a Comment