Saturday 30 November 2013


MUST SEE - RUSH 

I admit you could say I'm only in love with this film, because it's about cars and I'm a car lover. No! It tells the real and legendary story of the 1970's golden age of formula one racing, a battle of two. Niki Lauda and James Hunt. Their only thing in common was passion for success. A growing rivalry has forced these two to excel. 
PLEASED that this film didn't go the Holywoodie direction. Ron Howard, the director of this car drama film has done a brilliant job, but quite different to his other films if you ask me. He usually plays safe. I’d say the cinematographer Anthony Dod Mantle deserves a big round of applause for the amazing work, too. Or more like two rounds. He captures the sexy, cool atmosphere of the era just right, with a few sexual scenes. I was amused right from the beginning. I can't get over the thrilling racing scenes! "Teeth-rattling" said a review from telegraph. The visual tricks were pulse provoking, including many angles and perspectives. I almost felt like I was there. I like the fact that the film included some original footage from the 1970's. For me the greatest racing footage ever! Visual effects were really outstanding.  The dark scenes, imagery and grey clouds storms make just the right atmosphere.


Daniel Bruhl plays Niki Lauda, while Chris Hemsworth plays James Hunt. Both roles are very well played. Bruhl is very convincing. Does the role of the tactically thinking, disciplined Lauda well. Hemsworth is just the right english playboy, risk taker with sex appeal and a girl around each arm. These two oppose each other just perfectly. The film goes beyond the racing, unlike many other trashy racing films. I'm in love with Niki Lauda's character, he races for the love of the sport not the girls and glory. Some scenes with his wife were really powerful for me, even the gruesome scene from the hospital.

Last thing to add to make you watch this film - humorous script by Peter Morgan!

Go watch it if you haven't done so yet. 

My rating : 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment